I offer Person Centred Counselling integrated with other types of therapy including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Emotional Freedom therapy, Mindfulness, Hypnotherapy, Sandtray therapy, Eye movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) and Neuro Linguistic Program (NLP) techniques to ensure services are tailor made to meet the needs of my clients.
“I am here to support you in finding your truth, to grow, develop and move forwards in a way that makes sense to you.”
I have published an E-book and paperback self help book on Amazon called
‘The I in Me- Who am I Anyway?’ to look it up click my US author link here http://kamarunkalam
UK Author Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B08DL3TMDB
Preview the Ebook version by clicking this link: https://amzn.eu/iJV62gE
I offer therapy in a way that can help you to explore your feelings about every aspect of your life. Most psychologists and therapists agree that the relationship between the therapist and the client is the most therapeutic aspect and especially in this approach, the healing process can be seen clearly. Therapy is not a one size fits all as we are all unique hence I work in an integrative way combining approaches to ensure maximum effectiveness in practice. To read more about the types of therapy I offer read the “Types of Therapy” pages.
As a therapist I do not judge or criticize in any way. My aim is to help you feel empowered and strong enough to maintain your emotional states adequately.
I believe wholeheartedly that everybody has the right to be heard, understood and respected regardless of their background. The right to feel valued and not judged. The right to feel loved, to belong and be accepted by others.
We all have a sense of what is right for us and often strive to achieve what is best for us. However sometimes we need a little help along the way as life’s challenges can get too much. Any difficulties or issues you bring can be worked through together with an emphasis on your needs, wishes and desires. Together we can find a way forward that promotes personal growth and restores balance in your life.
I have vast experience of working with children, families and professionals from various different backgrounds due to previous careers helping troubled families spanning over 20 years. I bring these years of knowledge and support with me to enhance the therapeutic services offered. I incorporate Sandplay and Story Telling as techniques when working with children and teenagers.
As a qualified Family Mediator and Counsellor I specialise in helping separated families, and working with cultural and faith based issues. I also have first hand experience of supporting professionals with work related stress issues, particularly public sector staff. For a more comprehensive list of areas I can support you with and services offered please read the ‘Services offered‘ page.
In respect of my qualifications I have the following:
- BA Honours Degree & Diploma in Social Work – Dissertation:
- “The Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse into Adulthood”
- National Family Mediation Service Certification
- CPCAB Counselling Skills Level 2
- CPCAB Counselling Theory Level 3
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Person Centered Counselling Level 4
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Quantum Touch- Energy Healing Certification & Releasing Trapped Emotions
- NLP & Coaching Certificate via International Association of Neruro Linguistic Programming and Coaching
- Emotional Freedom Technique Certification- Advanced EFT Practitioner
- Sandplay Therapy Training- Certificate in enabling children and adults to communicate feelings and emotions through Sandplay. London Centre for Child Mental Health
- Hypnosis CPD- Regression, Anxiety & Talking in Metaphors
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Certificate
- EMDR Masterclass with Hypnosis (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing)
- British Psychological Society Accreditation in Clinical Supervision Level 2 (CS Accred AAC)
The main body that oversees the registration and accreditation of counsellors and psychotherapists is the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
As a professional counsellor I am an Accredited member of the BACP as a senior therapist and work within their ethical framework. As such I am bound by a code of conduct to provide a safe service to everybody I work with. For further information there is a link to the BACP here: www.bacp.co.uk I am also registered with the (HCPC) Health Care Professionals Council and have ongoing training (CPD) to enhance and expand services offered. I have all the relevant insurances to practice and clean (DBS) Police Checks.
Since 1998 I have worked continuously with individuals and families experiencing difficulties via:
- Birmingham City Council Children & Family teams
Barnardo’s Sexual Exploitation team
- Schools & Colleges in the West Midlands
- Fostering services
- Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS)
MIND the national mental health based service.
- A Way forward Foundation working with ex -offenders being rehabilitated back into the community.
- Salvation Army Family Contact Centre providing therapeutic support to separated parents and young people.
- Cedar Counselling Services which is a community based service for generic family, health and work based issues.
Post Graduate Training:
- Domestic Violence & PTSD – via Cedar Counselling Services Birmingham
- Ego States-Working with the child inside the adult-via Cedar Counselling Services Birmingham
- Quantum Touch (Healing Therapy) Certificate – via Hijama plus Birmingham
- Counselling ex- offenders in a community context- via A Way Forward Foundation Birmingham
- Attachment -Training via Birmingham City Council and Coleshill Counselling Training
- Bowlby, Erikson, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Person Centred Theories in Practice- via Coleshill Counselling Training
- SMAT DRUG -training via Aquarius
- Understanding Autism- Training Workshop by Autism West Midlands
- Forced Marriages and Honour Based Violence- Training Program by Muslim Womens Network UK
- Triple P Parenting- Training for Professionals Muath Centre Birmingham
- Preventing Violent Extremism-via the Channel Project Training London
- Safeguarding Training – via Birmingham City Council
- Providing Telephone, Livechat and Email Counselling, Support, Information and Advice for Foster Carers- Training via Fosterline Bromsgrove
- Working with Seperated Families Therapeutically -Hearing the voice of the child- via The Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS) Coventry
- Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness & Preventing Female Genital Mutilation